What is welding?Welding is a fabrication process that uses heat, pressure, or both to fuse two or more parts together, forming a joint as the parts cool. It is typically used on metals and thermoplastics, commonly used across a range of industries including aerospace, automotive, energy and construction.
Welding services at SuNPeAt SuNPe, we can work with many different materials and welding processes. The common and special welding processes we can provide: such as arc welding, resistance welding, gas welding, induction welding, and laser welding etc. There are some popular welding processes at SuNPe:
1)Arc welding: Arc welding is widely used in aerospace industry, automotive industry and precision work with its smooth welding, good impact strength, higher corrosion resistance, cost effective and environment friendly advantages.
(Arc welding, Aluminum part, CNC maching)
2)Resistance welding: Resistance welding is the joining of metals by applying pressure and passing current for a length of time through the metal area which is to be joined. The key advantage of resistance welding is that no additional materials are needed to create the bond, which makes this process extremely cost effective.
a)Spot welding is a popular resistance welding method. It is used extensively in the automotive industry—ordinary cars can have several thousand spot welds.
b)Seam welding is the joining of parts made of similar or dissimilar materials along a continuous seam. Seam welding has the advantage of creating clear welds with no gas formation or welding fume. It is normally to be found on various types of barrel and exhaust systems applications.
Few tips you should know about welding
1) Carbon content is related to weldability. Low carbon steel weldability is good to weld, middle carbon steel weldability is quite weak , while high carbon steel weldability is poor.
2) Generally, the material that easy to weld are: brass, bronze, copper, zinc and so on; And the alloy that is weak to weld are: copper alloy, iron nickel cobalt alloy, titanium and steel, etc. The alloys that difficult to weld alloys need to be took surface pretreatment measures, then choose the appropriate flux and welding process to help complete the welding task perfectly.
3) Galvanized materials can not be welded, because welding will destroy the galvanized layer, whichl lead to holes, cracks, or breaks, and aslso cause the weld brittle, rigid decrease.
4) When the material is thin, it is not easy to weld since it will make the parts breaks.
5) Welding of aircraft components is not recommended. The main material of the aircraft is Aluminum alloy with weak weldability. The local stress concentration in the welding area makes the metal brittle, and it is easy to cause defects such as sand holes, bubbles and cracks. When the aircraft flies at high altitude and high speed, it may make cracks more serious at the welding position and endanger safety when it works for a long time in such an environment.
If you have no idea whether your project can be weldable or not, how to choose the type of welding, please feel free to contact us, our professional team would love to help!
- 1Excited moment! SuNPe celebrates for Annual Party in 2019.
- 2SuNPe plays an important role in the post-epidemic era
- 3The First Shipment After The Labour Holiday!
- 4SuNPe attend 2019 CES at Las Vegas
- 5SuNPe Had a Successful Exhibition on Formnext 2018
- 6SuNPe Sanya Team Building Trip 2020
- 7Safety Meeting and Fire Drill at Plant 2 of SuNPe
- 8New advanced machines introduced again to the plant 3 of SuNPe
- 9SuNPe Spring Festival Evening Party in 2017
- 10What Makes SuNPe Be Outstanding In Quality Control?