1.What is Knurling?Knurling is a mechanical process of creating rolling patterns on parts' surface. It can improve the visual appearance or create a better grip on parts' surface, and it plays the role of anti-skidding.
SuNPe provides the knurling manufacturing service to you.
2.What kinds of knurling can be done at SuNPe?SuNPe can do all kinds of knurling on rapid prototyping, low-volume productions and mass production parts . Here, we list three main types of knurling .
(knurling type at SuNPe)
2.1Straight knurlingIt is a pattern of straight, also known as a linear knurl pattern, it includes a series of linear straight ridges. At present , it is one of the knurlings that we commonly used.
2.2 Diamond knurlingIt is a special kind of reticulated knurling, with a grain angle of 30° or 45°, also known as cross reticulated knurling. It is mainly shaped like diamonds, so we like to call it “diamond knurling”. It is one of the knurlings that we commonly used.
2.3 Angular knurling (left hand and right hand knurling)It consists of straight ridges in an angular direction and is typically used in order to give extra traction to an external handle or other connective piece.
What parts/materials can be knurled?CNC lathing parts can be knurled, their materials are mainly metal materials, such as steel, brass, aluminum alloys, but hard plastics also can be knurled. Knurled patterns are visually attractive and easier to grasp than smooth surfaces.
The knurling application that we commonly see is knurled nuts, such as brass nuts, steel nuts and plastic nuts, etc.. These knurled nuts are widely used in automobiles industry, electrical components, electric appliances, medical devices, etc. For nuts over-mould in vacuum casting and injection molding, we often use such knurled nuts.
To meet the requirements for all customers, we are insist on providing one-stop service from prototyping to low volume production on customize projects. To satisfy our customers, we always adhere to the principle of customer-centered and quality first.
Any more want to know about, welcome to contact us.
- 1 SuNPe Held a Successful Exhibition on Formnext 2019
- 2Formnext 2023 exhibition invitation from SuNPe Prototype at Booth 110-F37
- 3How many polishing methods in the surface finishing？
- 4What Makes SuNPe Be Outstanding In Quality Control?
- 5How Does Sheet Metal Fabrication Help In Real Life ？
- 6Competition promotes progress！
- 7Better Services, Better Performance, Better Life ——2019 Annual Meeting of Sales Team
- 8The 2017 Friendly Basketball Match for HuiZhou Commercial Union of ZhongShan
- 9SuNPe Wishes You A Happy Chinese New Year In 2021
- 10Environmental Hiking Through the Nature Protection Zone of East Dongting Lake